On International Women’s Day 2022, the Equal Hue team is launching the Equal Hue Cricket initiative.
What is Equal Hue Cricket?
Equal Hue Cricket is a research-backed and community-led initiative that charts a pathway for girls in cricket. It is aimed at creating pathways for aspiring female cricketers from across the country, enabling them to:
✅ STAY IN and
✅ SUCCEED in the sport.
All this, while leaving a tangible impact on our country’s socio-economic fabric.
What are the main programmes under Equal Hue Cricket?
Equal Hue Cricket is launching with a three-pronged plan to ENGAGE, ENABLE AND ENHANCE. The three programmes associated with these objectives are:
GIRLS CRICKET CUP
- Nationwide Under-16 T20 tournaments
- 12 cities
- 4 teams per city
- Talent scouts to shortlist 3 players from each city for skills assessment camp
- Top 12 to be part of professional excellence programme
PROFESSIONAL EXCELLENCE PROGRAMME
- Scholarships for those aged 16-23
- For three years
- 32 beneficiaries per year
- Need-based grants to cover training, equipment, nutrition, physiotherapy, travel, counselling, wellness
- Annual assessment
ELITE DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY
- Exclusive centre of excellence for female cricketers
- Housed at the Padukone Dravid Center of Sports Excellence, Bangalore
- Year-round monitoring and mentorship
- 4 courses in a year of 14 days each
- 24 athletes per batch
- Initiate grassroots development by popularising the sport among girls.
- Increase competitive game-time for aspiring cricketers.
- Provide need-based financial assistance to talented cricketers, allowing them to train full time, as professionals.
- Create an ecosystem of coaches, sports science experts, support staff and mentors for the overall development of female
cricketers in India.
- Empower women by helping athletes build their own identity through their pursuit of sporting excellence